Introduction to Motorcycle Carbs & Tuning Course
Looking for more Motorcycle Mechanic Courses?
Kustom Kommune Motorcycle Mechanic How-to Courses are held every Monday evening in Abbotsford, 3067 and open to Workshop Members and non-members – Members receive 20% OFF all Courses and 1-on-1 Sessions These courses are prefect for both beginners looking to kickstart their journey into DIY Motorcycle customisation and maintenance as well as those looking to brush up on skills to help progress through current projects. Our growing range of mechanical courses cover everything from How to do Basic Motorcycle Maintenance, How to Wiring your motorcycle and install electronics, Introductions to Welding and Fabrication through to advanced topics such as Carb and EFI Tuning and Track day set ups. Check out the full range of Mechanic Courses and Hands-On Workshops here. For those keen to dive deeper into specific topics, or just need a helping hand, we also offer private mechanical and fabrication sessions with our course trainers and other skilled members of the incredible Kommune community. You can book a 1-on-1 session to suit your availability with a trainer of your choice, best of all: the tools are in your hands you have a dedicated expert helping you every step of the way! 1-on-1 Mechanical Training can be booked here.
Check Spark. Getting Fuel? Air? What next?
The Motorcycle Carbs & Tuning Course is the go-to first step in learning all about the voodoo magic that is a carburettor. We’ll teach why your carb is NOT the first this you should look at if your bike is not running well! If your motorcycle running terrible, not starting, blowing smoke or not running at all, you need to attend this motorcycle mechanical course! We’ll cover off on the Air, Fuel, Spark principals, so you’re ready to fault find and tune your machine. Course time: 6:30pm – 10:30pm Class size: 10 Course type: Theory based with lots of Q&A
The Motorcycle Carbs & Tuning Course will cover topics such as:
- Fault finding and the process of elimination
- How carburetors work and basic tuning principals, including jetting and mixtures
- How Coils, Ignitions, Spark Plugs function and what could cause them not to work
- What is Lean vs Rich – what are the symptoms, causes and fixes?
- Filters – Stock vs Pods vs Stacks and cleaning
- Exhaust principals and what changing pipes mean for tuning
This is theory-based course with hands-on topics.
Who’s this course right for?
The Motorcycle Carbs & Tuning Course is perfect for beginners and intermediates looking to dive deeper into maintaining their bike, or for those that want to learn to cause of a bike not starting or running rough. You should have a basic understanding of how your engine functions to get the most out of this session.
- Instruction will be carried out on demo bikes and you won’t be required to bring your own motorcycle. Feel free to bring your ride if you’re keen to use it as a demo.
- The night is Q&A heavy with lots off theory with some hands-on activity
- Wear closed toe shoes and something warm in colder month.
- Drinks and dinner provided. Please email in advance with dietary requirements.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Members Save 20% on all Mechanical Courses, if you are not a member you can sign up here.
MEMBERS SAVE 10%