WELCOME TO YOUR NEW WORKSHOP
WRENCH, RIDE, REPEAT
THERE’S A LOT OF INFO, BUT IT’S AN IMPORTANT READ.
Welcome to the crew, we’re stoked to have you as a part of the community!
You now have access to a fully equipped workshop with all the tools, equipment and helping hands you’ll ever need to maintain, customise or restore your motorcycle. Our space is created to help you build & learn, you should use it to its fullest potential.
The easiest way to keep up to date is to follow Kustom Kommune on;
You should snoop around and get familiar with your online toolbox, this is where you can manage your Membership and Storage Subscriptions, Bookings and more. Once logged in, you’ll get full access to all the benefits of being a Kommune Member including discounts and members only features. We do ask that you manage your subscriptions via your account. If you get stuck, let us know.
A FEW IMPORTANT POINTERS
- Number 1 and the most important: There are ZERO egos at Kommune. Ask questions, be supportive, help each other, take on baord constructive feedback and be bloody good human. Easy!
- Always wear protective clothing. If you require safety gear ask a Kustom Kommune staff member.
- Do not operate the bike lifts without assistance. Its always a two-person job loading and unloading your motorcycle.
- Do not operate machinery you don’t know how to use. Always ask for assistance when using machinery or tools you are unfamiliar with - we have a ‘you break it, you bought it’ policy, so its always a good idea to ask.
- Be aware of others around you at all times. Use safety screens when using power tools to protect people and bikes around you from dust and debris.
- Keep your workspace clean. Do not leave equipment or parts on the floor where they can become a trip hazard.
- Do not run your engine in the workshop for extended periods of time.
- Dispose of waste materials responsibly. Ask a Kommune staff member for help.
- Clean up after yourself and place tools back to where you found them. This is your responsibility and is key to keeping worktimes efficent.
- Do not leave fuel in the workshop. Any petrol [not in a fuel tank] must be taken with you when you leave. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- All motorcycles and parts must be labeled and stored in a dedicated storage unit. Anything left on benches or floor could get lost. Again, this is your responsibility. Any unclaimed parts get sold and put towards the party fund.
- Workshop safety is everyone’s priority.
- Always ask if you are unsure!
OPENING HOURS & BOOKING WORKSHOP TIME
Kustom Kommune is open from 10am - 9pm Tuesday - Sunday. We’re closed Mondays, but hold classes onsite Monday evenings.
Currently, we have a compulsory booking system (thanks to old mate COVID-19). Booking is super easy and you can book multiple sessions at once. Use the online booking system here.
PARTS & CONSUMABLES
It’s important to know that consumables (such as oil, loctite, cable ties, degreaser, brake cleaner etc) are all BYO. We do carry a small amount of stock on site for purchase. There is also an area where other members will place left over consumables for you to use.
We can help source almost any part for your bike and in most cases we have wholesale accounts with local supplers. We split the mark up with our members, so you’ll generally save min 10% on all parts.
Member discounts will automatically apply to anything you purchase via the website.
MOTO & PARTS STORAGE
IMPORTANT: ALL BIKES LEFT ON SITE MUST BE ON A STORAGE SUBSCRIPTION
Storage is $59 per week or $169 per month. Please ensure you are signed up (via the website) before leaving the workshop. Storage is strictly reserved for members and discounts apply for long term options. Discounted off-site storage in a shared storage unit is available too for $99 per month, chat to staff if this might suit you.
Storage includes a limited liabilty insurance coverage - eg if one of our staff makes a mistake and the result is loss your damage to you your property. It does not cover Fire, Theft or damage in the result of criminal activity. Insurance companies such as Shannons Insurance offer ‘Laid Up Insurance’ which is very low cost, otherwise its your responsibility to ensure your vehicle has adequate coverage.
TRAINING COURSES & PRIVATE 1-1 SESSIONS
We also offer private 1-1 sessions. These are booked online and our system will match you with an expert within our community to help you get those tricky jobs done on your moto. During a 1-on-1 training session, you’ll be shown exactly how to get the job done, working at your own pace with a dedicated instructor. Your trainer will explain everything from the best tools to use and why, through to how to perform the job, step-by-step. You can book a session here.
Members save 20% on 1-1 sessions.
CLUB PERMITS – MACHINE SOCIAL INC
In addition to the workshop, we also run as Vic Roads approved club, Machine Social Inc. If you’re looking to put your car or bike on club permit we can help! Sign up at MachineSocial.co. Joining fees are waived for Kommune Members ($50 Club fee per year applies). We are more happy to permit both cars and bikes, and yes you can transfer existing permits over, without needing a RWC.
“KOMMUNE SOCIAL KLUB” - EVENTS FOR EVERYONE
We run HEAPS of events. Rides, Sunday sessions, parties and other weird and wonderful events. These are to extend our awesome fam and bring us all a little closer together. It’s an opportunity for members to bring partners, mates or Kommune curious colleagues to meet the crew and have meet the crew. Most of these events dont have a focus bikes, so they are fun days with a social vibe and the perfect opportunity for those new to the space, or thinking of hanging out, to swing past and get to know the crew.
We do host members only events. We’ll shoot you an personal invite.
WE HAVE AN INCREDIBLE TEAM OF VOLUNTEERS
THANKS AGAIN, AND WELCOME TO THE FAM.
Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per 1230.
(+880) 123 456 7898
(+880) 123 456 7898