Introduction to Motorcycle Maintenance Course
Looking for more Motorcycle Mechanic Courses?
Kustom Kommune Motorcycle Mechanic How-to Courses are held every Monday evening in Abbotsford, 3067 and open to Workshop Members and non-members. Members receive 20% OFF all Courses and 1-on-1 Sessions
These courses are prefect for both beginners looking to kickstart their journey into DIY Motorcycle customisation and maintenance as well as those looking to brush up on skills to help progress through current projects.
Our growing range of mechanical courses cover everything from How to do Basic Motorcycle Maintenance, How to Wiring your motorcycle and install electronics, Introductions to Welding and Fabrication through to advanced topics such as Carb and EFI Tuning and Track day set ups. Check out the full range of Mechanic Courses and Hands-On Workshops here.
For those keen to dive deeper into specific topics, or just need a helping hand, we also offer private mechanical and fabrication sessions with our course trainers and other skilled members of the incredible Kommune community.
You can book a 1-on-1 session to suit your availability with a trainer of your choice, best of all: the tools are in your hands you have a dedicated expert helping you every step of the way! 1-on-1 Mechanical Training can be booked here.
Our most popular course by a far! The perfect starting point if you’re new to motorcycles.
New to riding? Our introduction to motorcycle maintenance course is the perfect way to get more familiar with your moto. In this one night course we’ll help you understand the basic workings of your motorcycle and its different mechanical components.
Course time: 6:30pm – 10:30pm
Class size: 10
Course type: Theory, with lots of Q&As and some hands-on topics
During the 3 hour session, our instructor will carry out a basic service on a demo bike (or maybe yours if you you get in early!) along with covering every maintanence item from front to back. You’re not required to bring your own motorcycle, but if you have specific questions to do with your machine, bring it along!
Who’s this course right for?
This introductory course is specially designed for beginners. Even those that have never picked up a tool before.
Even if you don’t plan to get greasy often, this session covers the staples for every rider – whether you’re on a brand new, hi-tech machine, new bike or a retro rocket.
Motorcycle Maintenance Course will cover topics such as:
- Explain working components off your motorcycle
- How to clean and adjust your chain
- How to tell when your tyres need replacing
- Basic safety checks you can do before each ride
- Maintenance schedules to help keep your bike running its best
- Introduction to tools needed to service you’re moto
- plus lots more!
- Instruction will be carried out on demo bikes and you won’t be required to bring your own motorcycle. Feel free to bring your ride if you’re keen to use it as a demo.
- The night is Q&A heavy with lots off theory with some hands-on activity
- Wear closed toe shoes and something warm in colder months.
- Drinks and dinner provided. Please email in advance with dietary requirements.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Members Save 20% on all Mechanical Courses, if you are not a member you can sign up here.
MEMBERS SAVE 10%