Motorcycle Wiring & Electrics Course
The Motorcycle Carbs & Tuning Course is the go-to first step in learning all about the mysteries, myths and manic ways of the carburetor.
Course time: 6:30pm – 10:30pm
Class size: 10
Course type: Theory based with lots of Q&A
Is your motorcycle running like a bucket of sh…… ? Not starting, blowing smoke or not running at all? Learn the Air, Fuel, Spark principals, ready to fault find and tune.
The Motorcycle Carbs & Tuning Course will cover topics such as:
- Fault finding and the process of elimination
- How carburetors work and basic tuning principals, including jetting and mixtures
- How Coils / Ignitions / Spark Plugs function and what could cause them not to work
- What is Lean vs Rich – what are the symptoms, causes and fixes?
- Filters – Stock vs Pods vs Stacks and cleaning
- Exhaust principals and what changing pipes mean for tuning
This is theory-based course with hands-on topics.
Instruction will be carried out on demo bikes and you won’t be required to bring your own motorcycle. Feel free to bring your ride in for bike-specific questions though!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Drinks and snacks provided.
Meet your Motorcycle Carbs & Tuning Course trainer
Run by a group of dedicated volunteers that are passionate about motorcycles and the surrounding community, Kustom Kommune provides all the tools, equipment and networks you need to work on your motorcycle (or another project). Service, maintain, customise, restore, learn or just hang out! Best of all, everyone’s welcome no matter what you ride or your level of experience.