What’s the difference between a Brat and a Café Racer? Or a Tracker and Scrambler? What’s the legalities of recrafting a subframe? What do I do with all my electrics? So many questions! Don’t worry, we’ll help you build a plan of attack.
This is the perfect course for someone looking to kick off their first project.
In this theory based course, we’ll show you the basic design principals and tricks of the trade to help you plan your custom project. We’ll cover off on topics such as:
- Starting points – Making sure your base is solid
- What to look for when sourcing a bike for a custom project
- Basic RWC requirements – What guidelines should you work to?
- Modifying subframes – Is it legal and design principals
- Custom seats and different styles
- Replacing your electrics – what that involves
- Suspension & Fork swaps – What do I need to consider?
- Tyres & Wheels – Things to consider when choosing form over function
- Parts sourcing – Where do I start?
- Blasting and parts cleaning – Should I blast my engine as a complete unit?
- Plus loads more.
This is a heavily Q&A based course and we encourage you to bring images of inspiration for you build, so we can help you plan that dream project.
If you have a project (that is running) you can bring it in and we’ll get it up on the hoist to use as a demo for the night. This is limited to 4 Bikes for the night.
Snacks and drinks provided on the night.
PLEASE NOTE: Non-members must select ‘Non-Member Pass’ when purchasing a space in this course. Why? Because membership fees help to keep the Kommune alive. We provide exclusive benefits to members in return for their ongoing support.
Run by a group of dedicated volunteers that are passionate about motorcycles and the surrounding community, Kustom Kommune provides all the tools, equipment and networks you need to work on your motorcycle (or other project). Service, maintain, customise, restore, learn or just hang out! Best of all, everyone’s welcome no matter what you ride or your level of experience.
Kustom Kommune is a relaxed, go at your own pace space, there are no bookings, no hourly rates. Once you’re a member, simply rock up and wrench.
Please note course is limited to 10 attendees per class.