Kicking off a Custom Build Course
April 26 @ 6:30 pm - 10:30 pm
One event on April 26, 2021 at 6:30 pm
One event on August 2, 2021 at 6:30 pm
One event on October 25, 2021 at 6:30 pm
Course time: 6:30pm – 10:30pm
Class size: 10
Course type: Theory heavy with lots of Q&As.
What’s the difference between a Brat and a Café Racer? Or a Tracker and Scrambler? What’s the legalities of recrafting a subframe? What do I do with all my electrics? So many questions! Don’t worry, we’ll help you build a plan of attack in the Kicking off a Custom Motorcycle Build Course.
This is the perfect course for someone looking to kick off their first project.
In this theory based course, we’ll show you the basic design principals and tricks of the trade to help you plan your custom project. We’ll cover off on topics such as:
- Starting points – Making sure your base is solid
- What to look for when sourcing a bike for a custom project
- Basic RWC requirements – What guidelines should you work to?
- Modifying subframes – Is it legal and design principals
- Custom seats and different styles
- Replacing your electrics – what that involves
- Suspension & Fork swaps – What do I need to consider?
- Tyres & Wheels – Things to consider when choosing form over function
- Parts sourcing – Where do I start?
- Blasting and parts cleaning – Should I blast my engine as a complete unit?
- Plus loads more.
This is a heavily Q&A based course and we encourage you to bring images of inspiration for you build, so we can help you plan that dream project.
If you have a project (that is running) you can bring it in and we’ll get it up on the hoist to use as a demo for the night. This is limited to 4 Bikes for the night.
Instruction will be carried out on demo bikes and you won’t be required to bring your own motorcycle.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Drinks and snacks provided.
Members Save 20% on all Mechanical Courses, if you are not a member you can sign up here.